Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Introduction


AccessibleConsulting is a blog about accessibility for disabled people with a special focus on the tourism industry. I have travelled quite extensively and indepedently in Europe and I think it's important to share these experiences, both good and bad, with other disabled people.

I worked for several years with the Spinal Injuries Association in the United Kingdom which gave me many oportunities and broadened my knowledge of Spinal Injury. I also volunteered for other disability associations which helped me understand other types of disability.

In January 2002 I moved to Barcelona and taught English as a Second Language for several months. During this time I travelled independently in Germany for over a month going from town to town by train. I had some problems in Berlin due to the lack of information for disabled travellers, such as accessibility in museums, hotels and restaurants.

When I returned to Barcelona I decided to help disabled people that wanted to visit the city by writing a short access guide. This guide is now available on the internet at www.accessiblebarcelona.com and I hope that it helps many people to travel more confidently.

I still live in Barcelona and I should imagine that much of this blog will be related to my experiences both here and whilst travelling in other countries. I hope you enjoy what I write and happy travelling!

Craig


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?